Dear Past Self,
You should know that life is nothing like you think it is currently. There are going to be a lot of lessons to learn and you might have a hard time with them, so take heed to every part of this letter. Know that first and foremost, I love you more now than I ever have and I pray that this love grows deeper as we grow older.
1. You deserve. If it is good, you deserve it. You deserve the best of love, the best of friendship and the best of experiences. Hell, you deserve the best of everything! If you’re not getting that from the people you desire it from, including family, friends, lovers, or employers, drop it and move on. Better is coming.
2. You’re good enough. There are going to be people, experiences and situations that make you feel like you’re not good enough. The devil is a liar. You’re better than good enough. You have so much inside of you that you need to share with the world. Don’t let past encounters discourage you. Don’t let new ones discourage you either. When you get knocked down, no matter how embarrassed or humiliated you might feel, get up and keep snatching wigs.
3. Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT lose yourself over someone’s ugly ass son. You’re an asset to be gained. You don’t need anyone else to add value to you. You are the value to be added. You’re beautiful, smart, genuine, honest, understanding and you give the people you love your very best. Not everyone is worthy of all that. This is going to be a hard lesson for you to learn, but you will. You’ll look back and realize this and you know what? So, will they. Don’t give in. Hindsight is always 20/20. If they can’t see it when they have you, it doesn’t matter what they see after you walk away.
4. Don’t be too naïve, but don’t internalize the wrong done to you by others either. Everybody plays the fool, kid. That’s okay. You’ll come out on the other side a better person. Always remember that you are not responsible for other people’s actions. You are only responsible for you. So, with that being said: love openly, give openly and treat people right, BUT protect yourself at ALL costs. It doesn’t matter who the person is. Your mental, physical and emotional health are all yours to defend. Don’t allow anyone on this earth to disrupt that. Trust your intuition. You’ll learn that it’s your sixth sense and not everyone has one as strong as yours.
5. Forgive. Forgive your parents. Forgive the kids that teased you. Forgive the girls that were mean to you. Forgive the men that will break your heart. Forgive the people that will cross you as you get older. Most of all, forgive yourself.
God is love, so let love continue to lead you in all things you do. Your love for people, your love for writing, and your love for positivity are the things that will keep you grounded and make you unforgettable. So, find the love in everything you seek to do and remember to ALWAYS love yourself first.
Until next time, stay with me always and protect our magic….