Did you know that August 1st is National Girlfriend’s Day? Me either until a moment ago. This got me thinking, “What are some fun things to do when celebrating your girlfriend?” I know from experience that sometimes guys want to do something special for their SO, but they have no idea what they can do. Maybe money is tight or spare time is limited. Maybe they’re just not sure what their lady love would like and they don’t want to disappoint. I came up with a list of possible suggestions, not only for the guys (and gals) out there with a special someone, but also for us girls who want to celebrate our best girlfriends, too! Check out this list of cute and economical ideas to show your appreciation to your girlfriend!
1. Spa Night- This is an easy one. If your budget permits, you can treat your lady friend to an evening at the local spa. You can never go wrong with a mani/pedi combo or a massage and facial. There are great deals on Groupon that can cut costs in half. If your budget is a bit tighter, have a spa night at home and pamper your special girl yourself. A simple glass of wine, bubble bath and lotion down goes a long way. For homegirls, try doing a new face mask together or painting each other’s nails.
2. Workout Session- Throw your running shoes on and hit the gym or go for a jog with your boo! This is basically free, gets the heart pumping and helps keep you both physically fit. Healthy lifestyles are a great way to show you care and that you’re dedicated. If you’re besties, getting in shape with your BFF is always on the list of things to do. You can even take a workout class together.
3. Dinner & a Movie- Whether you go to your local restaurant and movie theater or grab take out and watch Netflix, you really can’t go wrong with dinner and a movie. It’s adaptable to any budget and any type of relationship. You can even cook if that’s more your speed.
4. Surprise Lunch- People always say, ‘The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach,’ but I think they meant the way to a woman’s heart. We love good food! Surprise your girl with lunch! Grab her favorite combo from Chick-fil-a and drop it off to her. It’ll get you major brownie points!
5. Go Star-Gazing- This is especially cute for couples. Grab a blanket and a bottle of wine, pick her up, drive to the highest point in the city and just see the stars and city lights. It doesn’t seem like much, but I promise it’ll spark some good conversation and maybe other things as well. *wink, wink* It can work for girlfriends too! Turn on a little music and just vibe out and reminisce with your girls while looking over the city. Roof top bar, anyone?
6. Write a Letter- Pressed for time? Grab a note pad and a pen and write your bae a letter! Not only is it free and quick, it’s sweet. She’ll have a hard copy reminder that you “bangs with her the long way.”
7. Draw a Picture of Each Other- Get your coloring materials and start drawing. When you’re done drawing, show each other your finished masterpieces. If you can draw, they might really love it. If you can’t draw, it’ll be hilarious and make for a fun memory.
8. Animal Shelter Visit- If you’re an animal lover, check out your local animal shelter and pet some puppies together. This is great for everyone involved, including your new furry friends. You might even walk away with a new pal to take home.
9. Hit Up Happy Hour- You can never go wrong with a good happy hour. Cheap drinks, appetizers and good conversation. This is versatile for lovers and friends!
10. Inside or Outside Picnic- Whether you do this outside at the park or inside in your living room, it’s a cute idea. Personally, I’d prefer the inside picnic. Light your fireplace or candles (turn the air conditioner on though. It’s hot outside!), lay down your blanket and snacks, turn on music and let the good vibes take you away.
This is a short, versatile list of things to do to show your girl she’s the bomb.com, but there’s so much more out there you can do. You can ever remix these and make them fit into your version of things you like to do together. Whatever you decide, whether it’s for your boo thang or best fran, make sure you’re doing it for the love. We all need to feel appreciated from time to time and every little bit helps. So, don’t forget to share a little love with your girlfriend on August 1st. I hope you find something on this list that does the trick. If you get a chance to participate, send pictures or write in about your experience and I’ll share on the LMB Instagram and Facebook pages.
Until next time, stay festive and protect your magic….